Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Cafe Goodovening

Cafe Goodovening is a cafe that is themed around cupcakes. This was on my list for quite a while as one of the must check out cupcake shops in Seoul, what I thought would be the best cupcake in Seoul. There was just so many people raving about the cupcakes that I was dying to dry. With so many branches around Seoul, finding one wasn't too difficult especially because you can pick it up at the major shopping complexes as well. Nonetheless, I still wanted to check out an actual shop and the newest opening is the one in Myeongdong. 
On the second floor off the main shopping street in Myeondong, Cafe Goodovening is themed just like the other stores with a black and white interior. This simple but classic touch is the perfect place to enjoy a coffee break with a friend, especially after shopping. It has an awesome window view of the main strip of Myeongdong shopping and it's across from an awesome H&M that has a creative entrance. They are extremely popular with guests coming in to buy boxes for take out that they even run out of flavors.
Luckily for myself, they had an extra red velvet stacked in the back and of course, because of presentation, I had to go for the early grey tea cupcake. The only thing is the cupcake was not that amazing. For my taste, being that I am so critical with cupcakes, these were a little on the dry end. The flavors aren't as strong as the many other bakeries in Seoul, so there's not too much hype there. I will probably not return again which is a shame to say because it does remind me of Gentle Lady cupcakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment