Saturday, September 8, 2012

Story of My Life - Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet)

Since I have been in Korea, my psoriasis got worse. I've made some bad decisions on not caring for my skin and there has been great regret there. After going to Hong Kong and realizing how big of an impact my skin is on my life, I decided to make a change. I needed to care for my skin, from the inside out. Psoriasis is due to a weak liver and therefore I figured detoxing would be my best bet. I would not only clean out my system, but I would be able to hop on a fresh start and be able to start a diet that is good for the skin.

Originally, I read a lot about the Master Cleanse and was hyped about the diet, but also skeptical, and even scared to. Nonetheless, I finally hopped on the diet, thanks to iHerb shipping all of the items to me in Korea within a few days (referral code FEJ438 for discounts). One recommendation for anyone going on the cleanse is to go organic and use the best ingredients possible. Do not skimp out and be stingy on the ingredients because it is not worth using low grade materials for a detox this serious. Consider the fact that you are spending at minimum a week of time on this detox, you want the max benefits so a little extra spending goes a long way. Try to make your lemonade fresh and definitely refer to this website for the best advice and help through the diet. 

My experience. I was warned that the second and third day would be the most difficult of the diet, but it was actually pretty easy for me. I think the hardest day of the diet was day six and eight when I started to really crave for all the random food, even the most tasteless ones like a plain bun. I just craved the texture and my mouth watered as I watched others eat around me. I could literally feel the food in my mouth. It was bad. By the time day ten came, it felt good! 

The negative. The side effects I faced through the first three days of the detox was crazy headaches. I got through it, but it was pretty bad at one point. I also had a few experiences with severe stomach pain. I believe that was due to the cayenne pepper. Although I took the capsule form, I don't think I flushed it down with enough water so I just felt it open through my system. The last and most serious side effect for me was the white tongue. I had this through most of my detox, but it was a great sign that my body was removing all the toxins so I knew it worked.

The positive. The weight is a guarantee. I dropped a good amount of weight, but that wasn't ultimately my goal. I was looking to clean out my system and improve my psoriasis. Luckily, enduring this detox definitely helped my skin. I feel that my skin is a lot healthier and my psoriasis improved a great amount. I stopped using topical ointment because of the side effects, but I see improvement in my skin. I feel less itchy and my skin is less irritated. There are even certain spots that gradually healed up. I am not saying that the detox will make my skin better, but this is a good start. I did notice a better sleeping pattern and actually getting a good night's sleep. I don't wake up in the middle of the night like I used to, so I'm definitely happy about that.

The future. This detox is only a temporary cleanse and I will do it again, but I am grateful for chance to reduce the crazy cravings that I have for junk food and such. I will kickstart a new diet for the sake of my skin to improve which will consist of mainly fruits and vegetables. I know I will gain the weight back, but it is a great start for me to keep the weight off and start healthy, a fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment