Saturday, March 24, 2012

Street Food Yum - Shredded Squid

Squid is a popular street food yum in Korea that comes in all different styles; some are soft, some fried, some grilled. Depending on what you are craving, you will find a kind to satisfy your taste buds. I randomly chose what I thought to be a grilled squid but instead it was a flat slice of squid that was slapped on a press pan. After lathering on some peanut butter, cinnamon and a bit of sugar, this squid is then placed though a machine that slides it through while simultaneously cooking. 

I thought it was a weird combination at first to have peanut butter, cinnamon and sugar on something that is supposed to be a salty snack but this baby was delicious! It is the right combo for someone with a sweet tooth like myself who is in love with peanut butter also. For just five dollars, it was not enough to keep me going because it was just that addicting. If you are not so big on the sweet salty combo, be sure to try out the other squid snacks!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm! I wish we had street food around here!
    I've only tried this squid snack from packets in asian grocers :(

    ReplyDelete