Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bottoms Up - Gong Cha

With my cravings for bubble tea (boba tea), Gong Cha is definitely a café from heaven. Gong Cha offers one of the best bubble tea selections that I have ever had. With a number of locations across Asia, Gong Cha has finally made it’s way to Hongdae. It is my favorite spot for bubble tea! They try to stray away from the traditional and classic milk teas and fruit teas by offering other blends.

In addition to the traditional take on bubble tea, Gong Cha finds ways to cater to the customers tastes by adjusting the sweetness and ice level for each customer. When placing an order, they ask for the level of sugar which is important because we all know that sweetness is a constant complaint which differs from person to person. Depending on who is making the drink, the taste varies, but Gong Cha offers a more consistent and stable taste by monitoring the sugar and ice level.

I think it is a great concept, but the one complaint is the price. The drinks are a bit on the expensive side, but I think it is definitely worth it. The one recommendation that is my all time favorite is the Caramel Milk Tea with pearl bubbles. There are a handful of different topping choices that I have yet to try, but I will constantly visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment