Friday, December 28, 2012

Street Food Yum - Walnut Poppers 호두과자



The cold weather is one time of the year that I love to grub on all sorts of street yums where ever I go. 호두과자 is a cheap eat that helps to keep your hands warm and tummy full at all times!


Reminding me of the pancake mini cakes that I would always find back in New York. I have been longing for the dollar Chinatown goodies  of pancake balls that are soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. The only difference with those cakes and these here are the filling and the way it is made. A walnut filling is popped in the pancake-like batter which is heated over fire. The produced shape is that of a ball. It wasn't exactly the mini pancake I was looking for, but it was delicious. For this Walnut Popper, be sure to eat it fresh. It doesn't taste as good when it is cold because it looses its crunchy texture. Therefore, as much as you may love it, be sure to get small bag if you don't plan on finishing it all right away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment