Friday, February 1, 2013

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery

Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery
126 Rivington Street #1
between Allen and Essex
New York, NY 10002
(212) 995-1960

A place right off of Chinatown for cheap cupcakes is definitely within my budget. I am so used to paying three bucks for a cupcake that Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery makes me feel like I’m in heaven. These cupcakes are the perfect size for someone with a sweet tooth and the best thing about it is that the actual cake flavor doesn’t outweigh the icing. I have had so many cupcakes where both the cake and icing is so sweet that it’s a battle and I usually give up on the icing.



The icing actually compliments the cupcakes, making it an absolute delicious treat. The one thing I am not a fan of is that some is topped with a whipped cream-like icing. I’m an icing kind of girl so I love the sweet taste. Either way, the hidden Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery is a must visit for their $1.75 cupcakes and $21 for a dozen. They also specialize in other cheap goodies, but I’m definitely a cupcake girl and recommend having the original vanilla and the sassy red velvet which is topped with a chocolate icing rather than the traditional cream cheese.

In addition to the amazing cupcakes, the one thing that many locals are obsessed with is the pudding. My ultimate favorite is the chocolate chip which has pieces of chocolate chip, pudding, cream, as well as soft bread mixed in. Cups start at $2.50 and totally worth the splurge of the diet. Sharing the fridge, there are mini cheesecakes which I am not a big fan of. Reason for that is because these small cheesecake poppers contain a mixture of bread, much like the Korean style. At the very least, there are a handful of other cheap goodies: cookies and drinks to make up for the cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment