Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Carlos Bakery

Carlo's Bakery of Hoboken, New Jersey, is known for the show Cake Boss on TLC. Furthermore, the Italian bakery has been around since 1970, famous for the freshly baked Italian baked goods and Buddy Valastro, fourth generation baker. 
Carlo's Bakery is a short walk, located two blocks from the Hoboken Path station along the main road of Washington. When walking to the bakery, you can barely miss it because there is practically always a line outside, many times reaching the next block. I definitely got lucky today with just small a line inside the bakery. The best part for locals is being able to skip the line and ordering goods, be sure to have your ID ready to show for though. 

Because there is so much hype behind the bakery, I was definitely excited to try it. I admit the cakes are extremely appealing and looks delicious, but I am a bit disappointed with the taste. I was warned prior to entering the bakery. I decided to take the risk anyway because I was already there and didn't have to wait in line. 




For a bakery in Hoboken, pricing may seem to be a little high, eight bucks for a cupcake, brownie and a cookie. I am definitely a fan of icing on a cupcake, but Carlo's Bakery uses whipped cream, with the exception of beautifully designed cupcakes. I ordered the chocolate peanut butter cupcake which has very minimal peanut butter taste other than the peanut butter cup that is placed on top. I feel that the baked goods are average, but everyone goes because of the hype of the show. I have yet to try the Italian pastries and I highly doubt I will return if there is a line just to try their other baked goods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment