Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Chikalicious

Chikalicious
203 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10009
(212) 475-0929

I admit that the website does not provide the most appealing look for this dessert bar, but trust me when I say it is worth going it. It can be a little confusing when arriving at Chikalicious because there are two locations that are directly across the street from one another. There is a small bakery like store where you can order desserts to go and to enjoy in their extremely small and cozy cafe where reservations are not needed. 

There is then an upgraded dessert bar across the street with a black and white interior, more updated and classic look. This is where you must make reservations to ensure seating because trust me when I say, it is worth visiting. With a different menu everyday, Chikalicious Japanese chefs puts a twist to the traditional dessert goodies, infusing and pairing with all different kinds of fruits and pastries that is extremely unexpected. 

The one recommendation that I have to make is the Brown Sugar Panna cotta. It is amazing and literally melts in your mouth. Desserts are extremely small in size, most guests order a plate each and share between the group, I do admit that I would have probably ordered the whole menu if I didn't have to make a few more stops at other dessert locations in the area. Nonetheless, it is worth the price that you pay for each plating, although it is considered to be a bit more pricey for many. 

The environment is set for a night atmosphere, after a romantic dinner. I suggest it as a spot to go to after a date, but there is no harm in going with a few friends. Be sure to make reservations because it is a small location and hours of operation is from late 3pm into the night, catering to guests of the nightlife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment