Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bottoms Up - Bubble Tea


For anyone and everyone who knows me, you all know that I am big on bubble tea which is also known as boba tea. It is usually made with a sweet thick fruit syrup and green tea. After shaken and mixed, it is poured into a cup that is topped with tapioca bubbles made from corn starch. This chewy boba is the most addicting and delicious thing for me, especially because it is soaked in a brown sugar syrup prior to enjoyment.


It is a bit ironic that I am finally blogging about my favorite drink now that I am in Korea. The reason for this is because I wanted to share with the world, especially Korea, my favorite refreshing drink. I have been on the search for bubble tea in Korea for quite a while now. Although they do have bubble tea at Dunkin Donuts, the drink is made from a powder which is just not the same as the fruit syrup. Aside from DD, there are random places around town that carries bubble tea, but it is usually made as a smoothie from fresh fruit juice which is just not the same. It is not as sweet as the fruit syrup mix that I drink practically everyday back at home.

Luckily for me, I finally found a spot in my favorite weekend place, Hongdae. Quickly, a bubble tea chain that is my absolute favorite back at home. Although the drink is made a bit differently here in Korea, it is still delicious. Rather using milk, the popular Korean yogurt drink is added to this mix which gives it a delicious kick. I definitely can't wait to go back and satisfy my cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment