Sunday, April 15, 2012

Restaurant Review - 스시쿠니

I'm a big fan of sushi served on a conveyer belt in the restaurant so I can take my pick and eat until my stomach's content. I have yet to visit one since my favorite East Restaurant back at home, but this long weekend lead me to great discoveries. In the Star City building of Kongdae on the east side of Seoul, there is a Japanese restaurant 스시쿠니that serves freshly prepared sushi on a rolling belt. 

I finally was able to try out the restaurant. There are two ways of ordering food. One is pick up the desired plates of sushi that you wish to consume and the other is to order from their menu. Each plate is a different color which distinguishes the pricing of each dish. It can be a bit hard to limit yourself when using the conveyer belt because everything looks to be so appealing and there are so much to choose from, you my want to sample every piece of sushi there is. The good thing is that the sushi are set off in pairs so you are able to sample each piece with a  friend and move on to the next dish. It is recommended to order plates of sushi from the menu if eating a large quantity but they are usually plain pieces of sushi which are not decorated with the various sauces and presentation is not as great. 

Although the restaurant is a little on the expensive side, and the selection of sushi is limited, the pieces are phenomenal. They do not serve the cliche sushi and sashimi pieces on a rolling belt. 스시쿠니 dresses up each piece of sushi and provide you with the best complimenting sauces they have. I am a big fan and will return again.






No comments:

Post a Comment