Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Korean Traditional Eats - 닭갈비

One of my favorite chains across Korea that cooks your food at the table is 유가네's 닭갈비. The concept is to share a large pan of Dak Galbi (chicken) between a group of friends. The extra things like ramen, noodles, rice, rice cakes and such can be added in for an additional price. The signature chicken is cooked with a bed of vegetables that include potatoes, scallion and cabbage. Quite frankly, the first time I had this dish I couldn't eat too much of it because it was ridiculously spicy but since then, I have been able to down a good portion of this meal. Regardless of how spicy it was, it was too delicious not to eat.

My first time at 유가네, I had the signature chicken with rice cake and ramen. Since then, I have gone back a few times and tried out a variety of other types which include a regular fried rice and a cheese fried rice which I hands down recommend. There's just something about fried rice, chicken, and cheese that is just too good to give up. There is also the sweet potato rice cake, cheese dduk that I ordered to try and it is a bit weird being that is a rice cake filled with sweet potato but I actually enjoyed it a lot. 

The best part about this meal in addition to the dish is probably the cheap alcohol that you can consume which includes beer and soju. The restaurant is a chill environment to hang out and have a few drinks with a bunch of friends. Best part about doing so is that you continue to munch on the delicious foods that is still heated within arms reach. 유가네 can be found all across Seoul, especially in tourist areas which include Myeongdong, Gangnam, Hongdae and many other locations. Because it is a chain restaurant, there is an English menu for you to order from! Then again, you can't go wrong with pointing at anything on the menu because this one of the few restaurants that I will eat anything from the menu! I have visited a number of locations across Seoul which shows how awesome this restaurant and dish is.

No comments:

Post a Comment