Friday, July 6, 2012

My Current NOT Obsession - Clarisonic PLUS

There have been quite a number of ads and commercials for the Clarisonic face and body cleaning system. When I first received it as a gift, I was a bit reluctant to use it because of the price. This baby costs $225 plus tax and shipping (I believe). I read a bunch of good reviews on it, but still, my initial choice was to return it and use that money towards more makeup and beauty goods until I was bribed by my significant other to purchase more beauty goods for me if I would open the box (no joke—but I didn’t abuse it). No exaggeration here whatsoever, you can feel a cleaner face after one use. I did not believe, but we all know I have psoriasis so I feel the extra layer of skin and this baby took it all off! In addition to that, all makeup was removed with one shot. I really couldn’t believe it. It felt great after one use, I felt my face wash actually sink into my skin—a hundred times better than my Korean face sponge and I never thought that was possible!

I cannot emphasize how well this machine works, you can read all the statistics here, but from personal use, I can tell you that it is worth the $225 plus tax and shipping and whatever. There’s a current promo going on when purchasing the machine, they will throw in a few face cleansers and body wash. I got a set myself but I have yet to try it because I wanted to finish up my all natural Ole Henriksen on the Go wash which is perfect for sensitive skin. I’ll definitely update again once I try the Clarisonic washes.

Aside from the Clarisonic PLUS system that I have, there is the Classic at the price of $195 and the Mia that is a smaller size for $149. When you purchase two, you can save a bit more. I know the price will probably scare you away, but for a makeup lover, this is definitely worth the investment. You want to prevent all the makeup from eating into your skin which will only make your skin worse as you age. For women like me who have sensitive skin and psoriasis, this is definitely worth the investment. I don’t know how many different cleaning systems and face washes I have tried, this system works with practically any face wash. It definitely helps my medication and lotions sink into my skin better and there’s even a 30 day return if you don’t like it!





5.7.2014 UPDATE OF HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. THREE MONTHS AND NO CALL BACKS FROM SOMEONE TO REPLACE MY MACHINE, THIS IS THE WORST THING I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED.

When I use the Clarisonic machine, it no longer cleans the way it is supposed to. The brush head does not turn effectively to get a good clean and there are 2 red lights blinking on the machine. Customer service says I am entitled to a replacement, but because of the "time problem" described below, I was not able to get it. I have been experiencing this problem for months now and not able to use the machine as I was traveling from country to country without access to calling the company to file a complaint. If needed, I have documentation of being out of the country for the past year. There were never any problems with charging because I have a converter or make sure that all outlets are 110-240 Volts. It was working for part of my travels and not the other.

I am extremely upset that there is a 2 year warranty on my Clarisonic but because I was living abroad and did not call a few months ago about the problem I kept experiencing, I am now required to purchase a whole new machine. I feel cheated by a company that I have raved about to my beauty readers and friends both in the States and abroad. I have recommended your machine to a number of people who have actually purchased it and continue to rave about how well the machine works through my beauty blog and of course personal recommendations as gifts and everyday use. Unfortunately because of your 2 year rule, I now have to pay for a whole new machine. It is as if the company knows the machine will break a little after the 2 year mark and leaves it at that. I am not sure how you expect me to call internationally with an 18 hour time difference and you are not open on the weekends. I worked three different jobs abroad and just couldn't find the time to "risk" knowing that you would probably not send me the product internationally. I thought it would be best to address the issue once I return to the States and I am left with poor customer service. I am extremely disappointed in a company that I have constantly praised to others. I feel that with the loyalty program you offer, asking me to pay $125 for a new machine, could easily be redeemed. I have recommended your machine to a handful of people and know at least 10 of my friends who have bought it because of me. In addition to that, by providing me with a new machine that leaves you short $125 of revenue would easily come back to you for the simple fact that I would have to change the brush head every 3 months. Over the course of 2 years, that would cost me at the very minimum $160 for 8 brush heads that is revenue in addition to the shower gels that I would have purchased along with the product. Now because of the disappointment in your services, I am afraid to say that I will not spend $125 under your "loyalty" program that is supposedly going to be cut by February 1. I feel pressured by your manager to make a quick purchase without considering the other factors of my life that I have just moved back to America and need to take into account of the many other things that this $125 can be used to. You have created a great machine, but I am sad to say that I am disappointed in your customer service for the simple fact that even the manager "cannot do anything about it because the machine is no longer under warranty." I am upset that I literally spent a total of 90 minutes on waiting time, talking to different customer service representatives, waiting for your manager to call (not within the time promised) and the problem was addressed within a minute with no effort whatsoever. Thank you for your generous care in your customers who make quite an investment on a cleansing machine. I have never been so disappointed in a well recognized brand before.

No comments:

Post a Comment