Saturday, July 28, 2012

Story of My Life - Boryeong Mudfest

The annual Mud Festival held in Boryeong, South Korea is one of the most diverse, foreigners-filled event ever. It is a must attend event at least once in your life to experience a day of Boryeong mud, music, food, and fun and games of course! This two week event is extremely popular amongst foreigners as well as Koreans, the whole family included.

The festival is a free festival to attend, but there is an enclosed area of mud pits, pools and a handful of obstacle courses to enjoy. For just five dollars, it is a definite recommendation in my eyes. One thing to look out for is the water pool which is to clean off all of the mud that you absorb. This was probably the best, yet most contact attraction there is. There is a warning to all before entering the water pool which is to cross with caution. I didn't take that as seriously as I should have an being the first girl to walk from the group, I was dunked and splashed by a group of Koreans. At the end of the day, it's all fun and games because revenge sure is sweet, but it can leave a few battle scars!

The best thing about mudfest is getting down and dirty, absorbing all those great natural nutrients into your skin and taking a dunk in the Daecheon beach. Washing off all the mud and allowing for your skin to take in the natural salt water will help to clean the dead layer off your skin, leaving you with a silky smooth texture. It is great for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin. I was even able to clear up my psoriasis patches with just a few hours of mudfest and beach fun.

In addition to the awesome mudfest and beach water, there is a great fireworks show by the water in the layer hours. An even more exciting event this weekend was the concert which featured a handful of Korean singers and djs as well as the hit Korean group, Wonder Girls. The highlight for the night, for most foreigners, was Akon. It was definitely perfect weather for an outdoor concert and brought me back for a moment, it's been a whole Akon.

Nonetheless, this mudfest weekend was amazing, full of fun and games and definitely beat my expectations. I've heard a handful of bad reviews and comments about mudfest but I am glad that I went and experienced it for myself. It is definitely an event worth attending, especially because Daecheon is one of those must visit beaches in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment