Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shopping Splurge - Dong Dae Mun Cheap Pick Ups

The first official shopping splurge in Korea and it only set me back a total of $100. I know back in New York, this $100 will probably be for one item. This week's shopping spree is all from Dong Dae Mun, by the History and Cultural Park in Seoul, Korea. There are just so much stores and outside shops that you can probably get lost, but the best thing is being able to bargain and getting a good steal. For some items, you can skip the bargaining (like my $8 beige parka jacket). 
The only problem with Korea is that there is usually one size fits all. This does not work out to those who are not the typical Korean small. Keep in mind that the size system in Korea is different from that in America, usually a lot smaller. 

For my first steal in Korea, I picked up an eight dollar parka jacket, ten dollar extremely warm and thick hoodie, $5 for two pairs of leggings, $3 zebra tights, ten dollar checkered sweater (doesn't look as good as it does on full bodies like me than it does on skinny Korean girls), $15 furry leather gloves and a $7 wrap scarf that is just oh so comfortable. 

It is definitely a place for college students looking for a good deal. For girls who love to shop and can bargain. There is a regular mall in the area for those who look for luxury Korean brands and items. Unfortunately for me, we just didn't have enough time to explore. I expect prices to be just like designer brands, which equals to a lot of damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment