Friday, December 30, 2011

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Manoffin

I have had a cupcake craving for a long time now, Korea is nothing like America where cupcakes are at every corner. I finally found Manoffin Gallery, a place that sells "muffins"but thankfully it fulfilled part of my cupcake craving. I picked up the strawberry topped with nuts, filled with a strawberry sauce and dried berries as well as the Manoffin original that is topped whip cream and a chocolate Christmas tree. 

I am in love with the texture of the Manoffin original. It is fluffy like that of a cupcake, but a Korean style. It is difficult to explain, but it helped to satisfy my cupcake craving. As for the strawberry muffin, the texture is a lot more like that of a muffin. I am in love with the strawberry jam that fills the middle as well as the mix of nuts and dried berries. It was definitely a great touch. 

Another obsession I have with these Manoffins is the way they are wrapped. Unlike American cupcakes and muffins that are wrapped and unfolded in one, the Manoffin has a base bottom and a wrapping that circles around the sides. You first rip the side which unfolds the whole muffin but you can still stand it alone and it won't get dirty with the base. Perfect for those germ a phobes like me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm from koalakiss. I've tagged you for some questions at my blog, hope you answer it. To see the question, click here http://koalakiss.blogspot.com/2011/12/last-post-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete