Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Dunkin Donuts



I recently went on a bubble tea crave because I have bubble tea every week back in New York. I thought I wouldn't be able to find any bubble tea in Korea, but who would have ever thought that I'd find it in Dunkin Donuts. The only upset that I have is that the bubble tea here is made of powder which makes me a bit bloated afterwards. I try to stay away but they do have the common flavors of milk tea, green tea, and taro. It definitely helps to satisfy a random craving, although the bubbles are microwaved. I just wish they would sell it to me alone! This way, I'd be able to make my own bubble tea :]

Asia is known to put a twist on American chains in order to satisfy the difference in taste requirements. I love the fact that I was able to find bubble tea in a Dunkin Donuts, along with some of the traditional drinks that they carry back in America. It does cater to the taste of the Asians as well as those American drinks as well. 

One thing that I do want to point out is the Dunkin Donuts in Korea definitely has better looking donuts than those in the states. The best part is Dunkin Donuts have cake. These cakes are way too pretty to eat which makes me a little sad. Lastly, the price difference is high. Dunkin Donuts is known to be the cheap spot for coffee, not in Korea. As seen on the right, donuts cost $1.50 and you can find some for a little cheaper, but it usually starts at over $1 per donut. 


No comments:

Post a Comment