Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Todays Lunch - Vecchia & Nuovo

A two floor classy and elegant brunch place in Gangnam, central Seoul, that brings me back home for a moment. Vecchia & Nuovo is an upscale and pricey place for a brunch, but the food and drinks are amazing! For those who are willing to pay $11 for a drink, and $22 for a kid sized meal that brings you back home, this is the place to go. Although the prices may be way too expensive, the quality of the food makes up for the prices. These dishes can be paired with those dishes in American restaurants for the good quality food. Also remember, there is no need for tips in Korea, another plus to eat out!
I apologize on skipping out on the photos for lunch, it was too much of a high class place that I did not want to seem like a tourist. For my lunch, I ordered the Earl Grey Tea Boba (everyone knows that I left America crying about not being able to have bubble tea again). I am grateful there was bubble tea here, even though it wasn't as great, it definitely hit the spot for me. 

As for my main course, I ordered the chicken penne pasta with parmesan cheese, definitely bought me back home for a second. Keep in mind these dishes are expensive because pasta is expensive in Korea as well! For those who are craving sandwiches, they bake their bread on the premises which ensures good quality. I took a bite of the curry chicken sandwich, and it was delicious! There is also the hot chocolate that is rich in flavor and topped with a heart shape steam milk creation, like those in cappuccinos. 

Lastly, a must have was the cheesecake. Who am I to not go for dessert! Most cheesecakes in Korea are not like those back home, made of pounds and pounds of cream cheese. In fact, cheesecake in Korea contains a bit of cakey texture, which takes out the wow factor. Because I ordered the regular cheesecake topped with a berry sauce, I was amazed at the quality of the cheesecake. It is measurable to those back at home that I pay a lot for. Therefore, the must have from Vecchia & Nuovo is the Oreo cheesecake, which I had to get one to go. Hopefully this $15 cheesecake that is the size of my hand will keep me content until my next discovery of American comfort foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment