Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sweet Tooth Satisfaction - Spot Dessert Bar


Spot Dessert Bar
13 St Marks Place
New York, NY 10003
(212) 677-5670
A hidden little shop in St. Marks is filled with absolute goodies, made for those with sweet tooths just like me. It was practically heaven, a great place for girls to bond and to share a dessert with your significant other. My personal suggestion is to go with a group and order their specials that come with 3-5 dessert tapas. This way you get to sample a bunch of their goodies of your choice!

Between three, we ordered the tapa special: Chocolate Green Tea Lava (green tea-white chocolate ganach, green tea ice cream), Yuzu Eskimo (blackberries, raspberry foam, chocolate pearls, oreo soil, chocolate ganache), and the White Miso Semifreddo (raspberries, EVOO, almond tuile, raspberry sorbet). Fruits may vary depending on the season. 

My personal favorite is the Chocolate Green Tea Lava cake. I am big on chocolate and it was the perfect chocolate cake, a blast of flavor. In addition to the Chocolate Green Tea Lava dessert as a whole, the raspberry sorbet is delicious as well. A drink that I was extremely excited about was the Lychee Matcha Bubble Tea. Although it sounds great and it is a popular drink, it was not of my taste because the tea taste overpowered the lychee flavoring. I admit that I loved the bubbles, I just couldn’t stop drinking because of the bubbles!
On the down side, space is extremely limited at Spot. Another unfortunate matter is the horrible service. It takes quite a while to get the attention of the staff when you are dining in. They seem to pay more attention to those that are ordering desserts to go. I will likely return again, just probably not for dine-in service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment