Thursday, November 17, 2011

Traveling Essentials and Tips

Having to pack a whole year of supply into two suitcases is not easy, but I of course, have to make room for makeup and beauty supplies. Because I am away for a year, I had to pick up a few supplies for the trip which includes a few of my obsessions: packs and packs of Softlips, stacking on the Benefit Cosmetic They’re Real Mascara, a few L’Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Brush Tip, boxes of the My Beauty Diary Mask, an extra pair of the fringe holders, and a bunch of my favorite Essie nail polishes that includes: Licorice, Wicked, Fuji, along with the Only Gold For Me and Spark-taular OPI Top Coat.

In addition to the many goodies that I packed for my trip, I realize the importance of space in a suitcase. Being that Korea is extremely cold, I have to pack my comforter and my pillow case because I am too used to my contour pillow I cannot live without out. I realized the importance of packing and have a few tips for those who are travelling as well:
  • Pair lighter items with heavy items. I packed my comforter and pillow with my bottles of contact solution and shower gels and other items. It helps to weigh out the difference and maximize my space as the bottles help to compress my comforter. 
  • Zip lock under garments. Using a zip lock bag helps to seal your under garments from bed bugs that can travel from other places. Many of you know I am a true germ-a-phobe so I always pack my clothes into zip lock bags to seal out the many bacteria and contamination.
  • Roll your clothing instead of folding it. Rolling up your clothes and putting it into your suitcase helps to maximize space and reduces the amount of wrinkles and compressed lines that can be found from folding. 
  • Pack travel size goodies. Always pack hygiene items that you are used to using. When traveling, it may be difficult to find things that you use so it is smart to carry these items in smaller sizes and hope they will last you for the duration of your trip. 
  • Turn contact cases into travel size holders. I am a big fan of using contact cases to hold my moisturizer, concealer and other beauty essentials when traveling. Simply label and estimate the amount you would use normally times the number of days you are traveling for. They come in handy and for those who wear contacts, there are always a great number of contact cases laying around the house. 
  • Skip the blow drier and other essentials if you are traveling internationally. Because of voltage differences, it is recommended to just purchase these items while on vacation. Some hotels may even offer these items for you so it helps to save space and reduce any potential hazards and burn outs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment