Sunday, October 9, 2011

Makeup Review – Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner

When I first discovered this product, I was in love with the fact that it was soft on the eyes, containing products like Chamomile, Aloe, Rosemary, and Perilla that conditions and nourishes the eyes. It is so soft on the eyes and works well with my sensitive skin. I’ve used so many different eyeliners that felt extremely damaging to my face that irritated my eyelid once lined until the moment it dried.


The calligraphy eye liner has an extremely precise felt-tip that helps to make drawing extremely easy, especially if you are looking for a thin line. The product is smear proof and waterproof which lasts me throughout the day. I love how it does not run like many other liquid eyeliners, but of course there are many cons to this product as well.

For one, I am not a fan of the eyeliner when I need to thicken my line. When you run the pen through to thicken your line and trace over the line you have already made, it removes the liner and leaves a visible streak. It takes a lot of time to wait for the eyeliner to dry up fully before you can run another coat through. Even with that, it is difficult for the ink to run through the tip. Many times, I use the side of the liner to get a thicker and darker look.

When it comes to eyeliners, I am always a fan of the darkest line possible and this pen does not give you that. It gives you more of a dark gray line which is perfect for everyday wear, especially work because it’s not so dramatic, providing more of a natural soft look. Even with using the side of the felt, it is difficult to fill your line in if you are doing a cat eye.

With that being said, stop by your nearest Sephora to give it a try before purchasing. It may work better with your skin than mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment