Friday, October 7, 2011

Pamper Me Pretty - Millies All About You

Millies All About You Salon & Spa
15-21 College Point Blvd
College Point, NY 11356
(718)460-6119
http://www.milliessalonspa.com/

I had the pleasure of visiting Millies All About You Salon & Spa today which was extremely pleasurable, but it seemed like I only got half of what I paid for. I booked a couples massage and facial, but because one massage therapist was out sick, we were told that we had to separate our services and switch off when we got there. Extremely unprofessional on their part, but overall the services was great.

The best part about the spa was the massage. A full body massage, and I mean full body. Many places skip out on the palms of your feet and areas of your face and back of the head, but the massage therapist that I had today was extremely precise in hitting every centimeter of the body. With enough force and a variety of massage styles, my deep tissue massage was very worth it.

In regards to the facial, co-owner Kiki's facial includes both extraction and exfoliation, unlike many places that forces you to choose between the two. I was not too happy about her exfoliation process though. There wasn't much massage to the face which is crucial in a facial. Massaging areas of the face helps to reduce wrinkles and lift the face. Without the micro-massages, I felt a bit cheated of my money.

The staff was extremely helpful. There is no parking lot so I had to street park it and they even went to my car to fill the meter for me while I enjoyed my spa. The only bad thing is that they are limited in languages and English is not their best language. For those of you who speak Spanish, this will be your place to go. Overall, I enjoyed my spa, but it is a little too out of the way for me so I do not know if I will be returning anytime soon. If you do plan to go, check the website for weekly discounts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment