Saturday, October 29, 2011

Restaurant Review - NY Kom Tang Soot Bul Kal Bi



NY Kom Tang Soot Bul Kal Bi
32 West 32nd Street
New York, NY 10001


One of the oldest restaurants in Korean Town, New York that I am absolutely in love with. I stumbled upon this restaurant with a friend when I couldn't decide where to have Korean BBQ and I am glad that this was randomly chosen. It doesn't look all that great form the outside, but the service and food is absolutely amazing.


Every Korean BBQ comes with a whole bunch of sides, but I've never been to a place that has given me so much side dishes which includes raw crab and raw squid. A very good money's worth meal and this is one of the few places that offer me the steam egg which I did not share at all.


In regards to entrees, the Kalbi and Spicy Marinated Pork was ordered for the BBQ and an appetizer of Seafood Pancake. Although this is a traditional Korean restaurant, the food is not as spicy as I thought it would be. I was a bit reluctant to order the spicy pork at first, but it turned out to be delicious. The most appealing part of the meal is the kalbi that was unrolled from the bone when cooked. Although it is a very thin slice of beef, it was absolutely delicious. 

Pricing is like every other Korean BBQ place which basically means expensive. This meal for two with juice and soda as drinks cost us a total of $85. A bit pricey, but I believe it was well worth it for the service and great food. I was so stuffed that I had extra for lunch so it technically filled three bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment