Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Do It Yourself - Towel Birthday Cake

Today's a special day, it's my father's birthday. Unfortunately, because everyone is so grown up and busy with their lives, only two-thirds of the family is here to celebrate with him. Being that no one but me who's currently in this house that likes to eat sweets, I decided to put a twist on his birthday cake. This is the most grandest and elegant cake that has ever stepped foot in this house (not counting restaurant parties of course). Alongside with the cupcakes that my brother bought, I made my father a towel cake. 

The DIY-green-recyclable-not-so-messy cake is simple. I was actually inspired by the cruises that I have went on in previous years where I always get a towel surprise after it has been cleaned (I was super excited about them). I thought it would be fun to coordinate with a few colors for this cake and so I went with my favorite color, white, and a sky blue. It took me a few rolls and a few different towels to find the right size for my towel cake, but i basically folded the towel the long way, half and half again and tightly rolled to the end. I used a bobby pin to secure the end, but you can use anything that you want. Being that I was pressed for time because I was so busy working, my only design was a blue ribbon and a homemade blue candle. Be creative!

Have any other ideas for a birthday cake made with things around the house, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment