Saturday, August 6, 2011

Restaurant Review - David Burke Townhouse

David Burke Townhouse
133 East 61 Street
New York, NY 10065
(212)813-2121

David Burke Townhouse is known for their cheesecake lollipops which is one of my absolute favorite bring homes from the restaurant. I had the pleasure of having a sit down lunch with David Burke a while back, and he is the most down to earth chef I know. Owning a number of restaurants, his name just keeps popping up in the charts for new creations in the food industry.

Recently launching his finger foods with a Bowlmor in Times Square, I decided it was time to touch up on a few of my absolute favorites at one of his restaurants. Located in a little hidden street in uptown New York, David Burke Townhouse is known for their fun and creative dishes. This restaurant always participates in restaurant week, so I suggest going then when you’re on a budget.

When you go for restaurant week, there are a few dishes that are not included in the menu, but you have the option of paying more for it, I recommend you do so. The must haves at David Burke Townhouse are the Pretzel Crusted Crabcake appetizer (left), Angry Lobster appetizer, Parfait of Big Eye Tuna and Samlon Tartares appetizer, Shrimp Lo Mein entrée, Duck Duck Duck entrée, the Cheesecake Lollipop Tree for dessert (above) and my other must have is the Hot Strawberry Shortcake Sundae. This thing is a mix of hot and cold with crunchy and soft, an absolute to die for.

Although you may not experience a special lunch with David Burke himself, I still recommend going to try these dishes. They are the best from the whole menu, maybe the only ones I would ever order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment