Thursday, August 11, 2011

Restaurant Review - Katsuhama Restaurant

Katsuhama Restaurant
11 East 47 Street
New York, NY 10017
(212)758-5909

I had the pleasure of experiencing Katsuhama’s variety of katsu and tempuras. I love how they have a to go station outside of the restaurant that is great for New Yorkers on the run, like I am most of the time. They provide fresh lunch boxes of katsu, tempura, and sushi.


I ordered myself an over-the-top filling curry udon lunch box that came with a few tempuras, a bowl of rice, a salad, a side of eggplant and a starter of sour radish and cabbage, my favorite! I probably didn’t even eat half my food and I was stuffed. Please take into consideration that I have shrunk my stomach and I eat less now, so I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to eat all of it and be just as stuffed as I was!

I do recommend this place if you are in the area for lunch. I wouldn’t suggest taking someone out on a date here because it’s just not classy, but lunch is always a great option. I love being able to sit down and enjoy my lunch with a friend. I did not feel rushed out at all, like I do in many other places. The food does take a little longer than usual to come, but it is acceptable since it is freshly fried food.

I passed by today and I did see another line that was almost out the door, says a lot about a place for lunch. The meals are a little pricy for a lunch, but considering the amount of food they are providing you and you are eating in the city, it is extremely understandable. Lunch boxes ranged from $15-20, but they do have other dishes you can order that average $13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment