Sunday, August 14, 2011

Story of my life - 081311 HK Dragon Boat Festival

 
Today was another one of those years that I attend the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival in Corona Park, Queens, New York. Unlike any other year, I was actually working this year and not really enjoying myself. I got this last minute contract over the weekend, and when I say last minute contract—I mean Friday last minute. It was a great experience to work for the Western Union vendor, although it was hard work. I tend to forget the massive number of people that come out and participate in the event, until I work at one.

 

I usually attend in support of my friends that are in the race, DCH and Wall Street specifically :D and enjoy the scenery as I cheer them on. It’s a great event to come out to every year to watch the traditional Chinese dragon boat and wait on ridiculously long lines for free things. It’s definitely a great day for family fun, minus the long lines. I’ve seen so many families with young children come out and bond by flying kites or enjoying ice cream. Come out and visit me tomorrow at the Western Union stand if you’re around, I probably won’t be doing this again next year, it’s extremely draining!

No comments:

Post a Comment