Friday, August 5, 2011

Double Eyelids Without Surgery

I know a lot of girls with the monolids, especially Asians. Although I fall under that category, I’m grateful that I don’t have that problem. I know there's a lot of women out there who are willing to undergo surgery just to get that fold, but is it really worth it when you can do it the natural way? It may take some time and patience, but I think it is much better than having something you cannot correct without undergoing the knife again. I have a few suggestions for you that are extremely cheap :D


This Japanese eyelid clip is known to help those with monolids, including men. Although they look painful, they really are not. I admit I was afraid to use it at first, but there’s a rubber cushion that prevents the pain of clipping your lids, that and these eyelid clippers are not do not expand wide enough to clip a lot of your meat. I suggest using these every night before sleeping, just hold the clip open and push with the skin of your eyelid as far back as possible and release. Because the elasticity in your eyes are so flexible, by keeping this up, your lids will keep its shape. You are going to look like a fool walking around the house in them and it will block part of your vision, so be careful!
Another option is eyelid glue. Simply brush the glue along the line of your crease and give it some time to dry like you would with eyelash glue. When the glue starts to dry and get sticky, use the stick with two ends shaped like a V to push back your eyelid. Feel free to load up as many layers as you want to create a more dramatic fold.

The last thing which I don’t recommend going out in, is eyelid tape. Eyelid tape will help the fold of your eyes immediately without all the trouble of glue and sleeping with a clip, but is it extremely visible even with eye shadow. This is suitable for pictures and going out at night where there is minimal lighting. You can align a set of tapes to increase the dramatic fold of your eye lids. If you’re willing to sleep with this tape on every night, your eyelids will gradually get accustomed it. 

If you have uneven eyelids like I do, use the eyelid glue or tape to correct one eye and even out your face. It's best if you sleep with it, being that your room is not too hot that the glue will melt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment