Monday, August 8, 2011

Pamper Me Pretty - Perfect Brows

Perfect Brows
164 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10005
(212)785-0690


Perfect Brows is an eyebrow station that provides threading, waxing, and facial services all over the New York area. They have a number of stores which makes it easy for a drop in eyebrow thread when you are in a rush. There are usually a few eyebrow stations that provide you quick and clean eyebrows with people shuffling in and out.

For those of you who are not familiar with threading, it is a quick and first-time painful process of “rapid hair plucking with a thread.” After a while, your skin, like waxing, will be used to the feeling, and it may even feel relaxing. The only problem with threading is that when your eyebrows are thread the wrong way, the hair may not grow back as quick, or not grow back at all. With constant threading, your hair will grow slower and less, which is great for the upper lip area.

I recently went to the store over by Wall Street and I have to say the staff was extremely nice and they did a great job on my eyebrow and upper lips. Extremely quick and efficient except I did not like the way they were shaped. It’s difficult to communicate with them sometimes because they do a traditional clean eyebrow, not recognizing an arch.

In addition to the eyebrow thread, I got a wax because of a deal they had. I usually never have a problem with waxing, but I will probably never go back for any type of wax. My skin was so irritated, and being that I have psoriasis, I was in a bit of pain. In addition to that, I felt extremely dirty because they did not offer a “no double dip, new stick option,” even with the additional money I would pay for it. I'm glad that I did not get an infection or anything and I have recovered, but I sure was in pain for one day. So long story short, do not go there for a wax, even if it is your eyebrows because it’s been infested with someone’s vag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment