Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beauty Tips - Spoon

A spoon can do what?

It’s pretty obvious I like to eat with my spoon! I love getting big scoops of food and just munching it down, saves time having to poke and stab haha! Aside from eating—what I love to do, a cold spoon can help reduce the swelling and dark circles around the eyes (like I did in my previous blog).

The spoon is also a popular method to get rid of hickeys. Admit it, we all went through that stage in high school and it’s embarrassing. If you’re currently in high school, don’t allow anyone to give you a hickey, it’s pretty disgusting and not pretty at all. I regret ever having one :[ Moving along, like the hickey treatment, a spoon can be used to reduce swelling and darkness of a bruise. Hickeys are bruises: they are basically clotting of the blood in the neck and therefore the same technique can be used elsewhere. It may be painful to use a spoon and “push” out the blood, but it will help the bruise heal quicker. Be sure to push from the center of the bruise out towards the less bruised areas. You can also use cold raw meat or sliced raw onions, just be sure to not put raw onions over a cut. Raw onions are not meant for people with psoriasis because we always have open cuts.

In regards to beauty, spoons come in handy when you can’t find your eyelash curler. I admit, it looks funny when you curl your lashes with a spoon, but I know people who refuse to go out without their eyelashes curled. I’m one of those girls that use an eyelash curler on a special night, but it’s great to have a backup plan!

If you’re using a spoon to curl your lashes, you should also use the spoon to prevent mascara from getting onto your face. I’ve got mascara on my face countless numbers of times in the past after I finished up with my eyeliner and eye shadow. It is annoying to have to remove part of your eye makeup because a touch of mascara. It’s also difficult to coat your bottom lashes without getting a dab or two on the cheek so to save time, protect your skin with a spoon and coat away!

No comments:

Post a Comment