Thursday, July 28, 2011

Restaurant Review - BCD Tofu House

BCD Tofu House
17 W. 32nd St
NY, NY 10001
212-967-1900

An all natural tofu house that originated in Korea has made its way over to America. With thirteen locations in the US, BCD Tofu House has made its mark on us. With the one location closest to me in Korean Town, I was able to enjoy it with a good friend of mine.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Korean tofu soup, it is a soup that consists of 80% tofu, your desired topping of choice and rice. The best thing about eating Korean food is that although you may order one dish, there are a bunch of side dishes for you to munch on as well! If you like spicy cabbage, every Korean restaurant will provide you with their signature Kimchi.  

In regards to the tofu soup, it is a must have when you enter a Tofu House, so be sure to order a soup. BCD puts a lot of emphasis on their tofu soup being 100% natural. Being that their emphasis is on the tofu soup, don’t be surprised to only find a few pieces of meat. Just feed off of the side dishes, I sure did that! I don’t think tofu soup is a great dish to have in the summer since you’re sweating from the heat already, but it is great to have a spicy soup in the winter to help you warm up!

Being that this was the first tofu house that I have gone to, I didn’t have many expectations for it. It did meet my expectations of being tofu in a soup. The best part of Korean for me is always the side dishes. For once, I actually got my own fried fish which I devoured. If you’re in town, definitely give it a try if you’re a tofu lover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment