Saturday, July 23, 2011

For my Job Searching Friends

If you are like me, you are probably in the search for a job. I graduated a while ago, more like six months ago, and it has been difficult to find a job since. I’ve just been doing what I love and a bunch of freelances to pay the bills, but yes I understand what you are going through. Understanding the importance of the job search, I just want to give you a warning that you must have heard before.

Your social outlets may be holding you back from getting a job. With many illegal activities going on, many companies check the Facebook and other social media outlets before officially hiring someone. It may be a pity to make it to the final round and fail the Facebook test because of picture you have with illegal plants or loads of alcohol.

Statistics show that 75% of the recruiters hired by companies are required to do a background check on prospective hires. Within this research, almost 70% of possible hires are rejected based on the information they obtain through social media websites. Although you may have your settings restricted to just family and friends who can see your information, some recruiters pair up with these social websites to obtain your information. That or pictures are publicly shared with your friends and family through other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment