Friday, July 22, 2011

Restaurant Review - Ichi Sushi Restaurant

Ichi Sushi Restaurant
2040 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11214
(718) 373-2929 
If you’re not familiar with this restaurant, don’t get confused by the other Ichi Sushi on Bay Parkway that is two blocks away. My review is for Ichi Sushi Restaurant that’s on 86th street under the train tracks. If you are around the Bensonhurst area, I recommend this restaurant to you. I used to eat here every week, sometimes twice a week but I’ve been trying to not eat out as much so it’s once every two weeks or so.

Sushi here is extremely cheap, $2.75 a roll or $1 for one piece sashimi and sushi. Unlike other dinky Japanese restaurants in Brooklyn, Ichi actually looks more urban with a Zen-like atmosphere that is relaxing. There is so much to choose from the menu and I think Ichi is better than a lot of Chinese-owned Japanese restaurants that I have had in the past. It is by far my favorite. A few suggestions: stir fry udon, spicy kani roll, BBQ squid, and pineapple fried rice (they actually use fresh pineapples).

Sushi is pretty fresh for a place that feeds off of locals. I am sure they do not stock every day, but it seems that they stock a good amount. I never had a problem with a bad looking or smelling fish. Ichi’s appetizers and sushi looks extremely appealing compared to other restaurants that I have been at. Their sushi is well portioned, giving you your money’s worth. I’ve never had a problem where I had to wait too long for a seat, never had a problem waiting too long for my food either. Service is fast, definitely worth going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment