Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Restaurant Review - Bella Vita

Bella Vita
211 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
(212) 730-1479

272972_10100718231245709_8843057_62745792_4314201_o (1).jpgCatching up with an old friend is always great; catching up with an old friend over food is the best part! I was going to order a salad (since it’s day one of my diet) or a traditional dish of pasta today at Bella Vita off of Times Square, but I couldn’t help the comment from the family sitting next to me, “This is the best pizza I ever had.” Personally, I am not a big fan of thin pizzas and I told myself I need to diet but I went ahead and ordered a slice anyway. I have to admit, it wasn’t the greatest pizza I’ve ever had so I don’t recommend it, but what I do recommend is the piece of Panini I stole from my good ol’ friend. It was full of flavor plus it comes with a side of salad. That’s a great take for a lunch!

For a New York restaurant, especially one in tourist attraction area, Bella Vita does not overcharge for their food. I definitely recommend family style meals because the plates are just HUGE! Pizzas can be ordered in a large and small, a small can just about make two tummies content whereas a large can fill three. If you're a pizza lover and can tolerate spice, definitely go for the Buffalo Chicken and let me know how it tastes (I was bummed I couldn't try it since the waitress said its VERY spicy).

For the price and amount of food they give, it’s definitely worth a trip. Just remember to balance your meals because I have to admit, I gained a heck of a lot of weight my second year of college since I ate pasta for dinner every night. How did I get by? I really don't even know. I recommend ordering their Arugula salad that's full of other goodies. So the next time you're out in Times Square, drop by for cheap, abundant, filling eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment