Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A little about me

A little about myself. For the time being, I do freelance work in Public Relations and other writing jobs. There's a great opportunity for me in another country at the moment, but I am still deciding whether or not I should take it with everything that's been going on in my life. I am not your typical girl who's in love with fashion and beauty. I have a lot of other passions in my life and one of them is good health. I have to admit, I do not always attend to my health, but I try my best to! I have always grown up with a weak immune system which started off with stomach aches, head aches and later developed a skin problem called psoriasis.

Many people are not familiar with psoriasis, but is is much like the popular friend, eczema. If you look up how it looks, let me warn you, you will see some gruesome pictures. My case of psoriasis is not as serious as many others, I get small little baby patches all over my skin. It all started with my scalp (my parents though it was some viral fungal and cutting off my hair would help the situation -- so they did). Unfortunately, cutting my hair like a boy's while going into the eighth grade did not help, it only made things worse. I went through my whole eighth grade (most important year of grammar school) laughed at by everyone and I mean everyone. It's like the whole school knew about my wig, too bad it wasn't a fashion statement then. 

As the years gone by, I've learned to understand my skin and adapt to all the rude comments I get, "Hey, is that chicken pox" or even worse "Is that contagious" with an ugly face -.- I admit, it's been hard, and I still get the icky face from family and friends, but I've learned to love my skin and not care what other people say (it's not easy). Now just because I have psoriasis does not mean that I cannot be a beauty junkie or fashionista like everyone else, I just have to find ways that are compatible with my skin. This time around the year is the best for me with the sun and salt water ready to clear up my skin so I've got some great tips in stored :D

No comments:

Post a Comment