Monday, July 18, 2011

Shopping Slurge

I rarely have a moment to myself and enjoy my shopping. I sure enjoyed myself this weekend! I just had a great and cheap shopping splurge today which included everything but shoes. I’m a little bummed out about, but I’ve come to realize that once I buy shoes, I really don’t stop so maybe it was a good thing I bought other things today!

For starters, blazers are a must have for every girl. You are able to dress professional and style up any outfit. Match it with short shorts for a sophisticated look or wear it with a dress for a sheik touch. Just be sure to match the right blazer with your outfit, a professional blazer should be kept with slacks. I’ve been eyeing the perfect blazer for quite a while now and I am extremely happy that I was able to pick up two casual blazers. The black is from H&M, the kakhi is from a boutique in SoHo called Mystique. Yay!

Next off, a light scarf is perfect for a windy day at the beach or even just as a cover up on the train and in the office. It may be extremely hot outside, but when you get indoors, you feel a blast of cold air. I don’t know how many times I shivered in the office so this scarf will keep me warm! Just a random pick me up from SoHo. 

Colorful tops are perfect for the summer. A blast of color for plain bottoms will light up your outfit and your mood. Ever feel energized wearing the right colors? It’s also perfect to wear in the office paired with a sweater or blazer for a professional look and stripped off for happy hour. One was actually from a blowout sale Roxy had online with free shipping (I only bought one item) and the other from Charlotte Russe.

Tops are always great when they’re on sale. If you’re buying tops that are out of season, I suggest to keep it solid. Solid colors will never go out of style and it’s easy to mix and match. Both shirts were actually from a sale that Zara had, only $10 each!

A set of white and khaki shaded cuff shorts are my go to this year. I love the high-waist shorts that I am able to wear for a variety of occasions. You can wear in a casual business office setting, go out to dinner and even clubbing with them. My absolute favorite of the bunch is the white BCBG shorts. From left to right: BCBG, Mango, Zara.

Next to the shorts which should be a pastel pink slack pant that is ankle high that I picked up at Mango. I am absolutely in love with the light material it is made out of. This is perfect for the summer time when you have a business meeting and you should wear slacks. The best thing about the slacks is it goes great with practically any shoes—it even accentuates your shoes and top because it’s a simple pastel. 

As for accessories, nothing goes better than a clutch which you can use for a variety of outings. I love clutches that have a strap inside so I don’t always have to grab onto my clutch. The best thing about this clutch is I unintentionally matched it with my pastel slacks, I’ve definitely got the perfect outfit for a low price at Zara!

Lastly, a women’s best friend is her jewelry of course. I used to be the girl who only wore gold, both white and yellow and nothing else. I finally came to learn that sometimes gold is not the way to go. Feathered earrings are definitely in. I prefer the mono earring with a long feather, but nothing beats street bargaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment