Monday, September 26, 2011

Beauty Splurge of the Week


Just another beauty splurge—which is typical me. This week’s beauty splurge consisted of Yes to Carrots, Clinique from a Sephora exclusive, drugstore, shu uemura, and a photo/beauty store in Chinatown, New York.

I recently blogged about My Beauty Diary Masks and my obsession with the masks. Well, just when I thought prices couldn’t go less than $10 a pop, I found it in Elizabeth Center in Chinatown for just $8 on sale! Yes a box of ten just cost eight bucks. I couldn’t believe it and I couldn’t help but to stack up. I actually plan on returning to buy a few more :X

The eight boxes that I picked up are red wine, yogurt, bird nest, grape seed and green tea, red pomegranate and CQ10, caviar and hyaluronic acid moisture, a peony-snow-lotus-and-sake-yeast-whitening mask and something in their new line—a Coldstone mask. I was a bit reluctant to purchase this one, but I am extremely excited to try this one out—a Damask Rose Ice Cream Mask. I got a sample of the red wine mask and I’m not too happy about it. It doesn’t live up to my expectations for My Beauty Diary Masks because it was a little on the dry side being that the liquid felt a little thicker than other masks. The peony, snow white lotus and sake yeast whitening mask doesn't have the plastic wrap as other lines, but there is an extra part of the mask that is used for the chin and neck area which is great. 

As for Yes to Carrots, I was extremely excited about trying out their different products and so I tried to mix it up. Yes to Carrots is for normal-to-dry skin, nourishing dry skin and hair with carrots, shea butter, and sweet almond oil. Yes to Cucumbers is for sensitive skin and color treated hair, gently hydrating and soothes skin with organic cucumbers, aloe vera, and green tea. Yes to Tomatoes are for combination-to-oily skin which treats and prevents breakouts with tomatoes, alicylic acid, and witch hazel. Yes to Blueberries are for age-damaged and mature skin which helps to improve firmness and diminishes fine lines with blueberries, cotton thistle, and paracress flower. There’s even a Yes to Baby Carrots line that are made for babies. With my online order, I got a free sample of the Yes to Carrots Rich Body Butter and it was amazing. I am excited to pick that up for my next purchase.

Continuing with my Clinique rave, I picked up something exclusive on the Sephora website. What I find to be weird is this exclusive set comes in two different bags, which also includes two different prices for the same amount of product. I admit, this bag looks better for the price of $2.50, but it is unavailable. Either way, I am still excited about the purchase because I was just looking to purchase Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector but I got three bonuses for the same price!

Moving along, I picked up a Pond's Even Soothe Wet Cleansing Towelettes with chamomile and white tea that helps to remove makeup while soothing the senses. Although it was Allure's Best of Beauty Award Winner 2010, I dont feel like it worked so great with my mascara and the smell was a little too overpowering for my tastes. It didn't compliment my psoriasis too well so I will probably not pick up another pack.

Lastly, although I am not an eyelash curler, I picked up the shu uemura detailed lash curler. I have been looking for an eyelash curler like this for a very long time now. I dont know if you have this problem but when I curl my lashes, there are many times where parts of my lashes are not as curled as the rest of it. This is where my new shu uemura detailed lash curler comes in and fixes the problem. It has been a difficult journey to locate one of these but I got lucky to find a new one on eBay.

That is all for now at least, until my next beauty splurge. Any recommendations, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment