Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Road Trip - Ocean City, Maryland

I apologize for my absence these past two days. I tried to fully absorb my mini vacation by living the best of it. It was one unforgettable vacation in a super size white van packed with sardines as well as great food but also a dramatic experience with a few racist security guards at Fager’s Island. It definitely doesn’t outweigh all the great people I met, including the bartender and this one security guard at Fager’s Island.

To make up for my absence, this will be one blog full of pictures and the 411 of my weekend! Feeding off of my last blog about Fisher’s Popcorn, we had a group dinner at On The Bay which consisted of three dozen crabs, oysters, scallops, shrimp, calamari, and I always need bread so I had to order a crab cake sandwich. This place is absolutely delicious with freshly cooked crabs and an extremely friendly staff that made our dinner pleasurable. I love the family environment here.

Friday night was loads of fun at Seacrets and Faber’s Island (which encouraged us to go back another night—we were tricked). The one place that is a must visit when you’re in town is Seacrets. I was advised to visit it both during the day and at night for a change of crowd and party, but we were only able to go at night which wasn’t bad. This Jamaican infused entertainment center contained various locations of partying which is a must go to. Be prepared for a floor of sand in certain locations.

Saturday consisted of a lovely morning at the beach which helped to clear up my psoriasis. Lunch was a whole bunch of random goodies from the boardwalk which included the one and only place for pizza cones at Tiki Sunrise, the best fries from Thrashers (which always had a long line), and of my favorite—ice cream at Dumser’s Dairyland (creators of the original orange ice cream). Eating so much requires a little work out playing volleyball of course.

Dinner was a great grand seafood buffet at Phillip’s Seafood Buffet. Phillip’s Seafood is an extremely well known restaurant in Ocean City, but of course being the fat asses that we were, we could not give up a buffet. Unfortunately for me, the $45 meal wasn’t worth it because I don’t eat a lot. I was smart this time though, to fill up on oysters, crabs, king crabs, only seafood! The one thing I do not recommend getting is the pasta. Not only does it fill you up quick, but it is not good at all.

After a dramatic night at Fager’s Island, Sunday consisted of a brunch at Anthony’s Carry Out, a very well known sandwich spot. A must order in my opinion is the Reuben sandwich which consists of tender meat, much better than the advertised roast beef in the window. I found that to be a lot drier than it appeared, even with the salty gravy sauce that came with the sandwich.

Ready to leave Maryland, we had one last group activity with Laser Tag at Planet Maze, a location that has miniature golf, indoor playground, arcade and a laser tag room that didn’t look so great, but was a heck of a lot of fun! I never played at a place that has a home base where your opponents can attack for extra points and you must run back to home to get recharged if and when you die. Definitely worth it for the price, too bad we were so tired we only played to games for $15 per person.


The very last thing that is a must mention is that we had to leave Ocean City with a bang. Our bang was three bushels of crabs from On the Bay. Yes, we loved it so much, we all grabbed crabs to go back home with. Over 200 crabs, we left a mark with the locals hyped with us. They were so amazed at the number of crabs that were on the table, they suggested for the group photo. Great people!

Overall, Ocean City was a much needed mini vacation. With all the drama, it was a great time, but I probably won’t return anytime soon. There are many more locations that are awaiting my hungry stomach and energy! Any recommendations for next road trip?

1 comment:

  1. I'm soo glad you got to try Thrashers, Dumsers, etc!! I wish I went to On The Bay, which my friend suggested to me, but looks good!

    ReplyDelete