Saturday, September 3, 2011

Today's Lunch - Bar Americain


Bar Americain
152 West 52 Street
New York, NY 10019
(212)265-9700


Today’s lunch was a special exit lunch for someone that I’ve been working with on the NBC DPS team. We ate at the classy Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain Restaurant in Uptown which puts a twist on traditional American dishes. Environment is pleasant, romantic setting with dim lighting, wine bottles.

For starters, the homemade potato chip and dip was freshly fried topped with salt and pepper. It was my favorite, alongside with my favorite carb—bread. I love freshly baked and freshly cooked food, so it was a big spark to my meal. 

I ordered the Gulf Shrimp & Grits dish today. Portion is extremely small, but it worked out perfect for my stomach since I had bread to fill up on. They actually give you a heads up on how small the dishes are, suggest for you to order an appetizer to go along with it. Dishes are expensive, do expect to spend at least $40 per person, even for lunch. Most people would order a drink and appetizer, but I did not because I don’t want to take advantage of company lunch. Plus, it's a perfect help to lose weight. Eating out too much doesn't help in maintaining my weight!

Considering it was Bobby Flay’s restaurant, the food did not wow me like I would expect it to. I was not the only one who got this impression since everyone’s dish seemed to be just okay. Chips and bread is not a good enough reason for me to return again. Dishes were creative, but lacked taste in my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment