Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hair 101 - Less Split Ends, Less Tangle


Building off of my blog about Hair 101, I’ve got a few inside tips on less split ends and tangle. I threw a few tips on that blog, so do a little recap before reading this one! This blog is meant to compliment that one :]

I recall my grandmother yanking my hair so hard with a comb when I was younger because I had so many knots in my hair. Being that I have fine straight hair, I didn’t think it was possible to have so many problems, but it sure was. A few daily tips when caring for your hair:

Run your fingertips through your hair when conditioning. After conditioning your hair from the bottom up, with the leftover conditioner in your hands, run your fingertips through your hair from the top down with a constant motion to separate any knots. Its best if you section off your hair in three or four parts.This will separate your hair and provides a better condition.

Sleep with your hair up. I don’t know how many girls have complained about waking up with a messy head because of the way they sleep. My mother’s doing since I was younger was to pull your hair as if you are tying a pony tail on the top of your head (where Alphalpha’s hair sticks up), lay down on your pillow and let go of the hair over your pillow. Your hair will stay out of your way as you sleep and won’t be as crazy in the morning. This has got to be the best thing for preventing knots and tangle in the hair. It's also a way to keep your hair from getting in your way while you sleep, especially if you're cuddling with someone.

1 comment:

  1. I sleep with my hair up too! No one ever told me, but I've always hated sleeping with my hair touching my neck, or pulling my head if I accidentally slept on my hair. ^^

    Yay to know that it prevents knots and tangles!

    ReplyDelete