Monday, September 5, 2011

Makeup Review - Bare Escentuals bareMinerals

I have been using Bare Escentuals bareMinerals for over six months now and I have quite a lot to share about the product. In the beginning, I was so in love with the fact that it is a loose powder makeup that is not damaging to the face, being that it is natural, it is a perfect product for those with skin problems. The mineral powder is so light, you can sleep with it and it is able to help clear up the skin. I did see a difference in my face after using it for a while, but I gradually started to stray away and not like the product as much. 

For one, if your skin tone does not match the color palettes of minerals that they carry (like me), it will be difficult to find the right color. The only product that is a must have is the warmth (below) if you have trouble matching your color. You can mix in a pinch of warmth to your powder to create a more tan and darker tone. It is perfect for summer, getting the Jersey Shore tan look and I know plenty of people who use it as their bronzer, using way too much (I accidentally did that the first time and had to redo my whole face).

When I first tried out the bareMinerals line, I picked up a starter kit that is perfect for first timers, in my opinion. It came with a user manual, two brushes, a brush shampoo as well as a few of their mineral powders. They offer a variety of different starter kits, depending on the website you purchase it from, but the only problem is they only offer the original mineral powders. After using the original mineral powders, I felt that my face was so oily, in addition to the summer sun that made my face shine.


Another negative about the starter kit is some of the products may be so small, it does not have a "click" close like the regular size minerals. I'm in love with the "click" close that stores the mineral in place, not shaking it all over and spilling out of the case which makes it difficult for you to use later. 

The matte line reduces the shine in the face, but I still see quite a bit of shine, even if I do not moisturize prior. There's no way to avoid this shine for me, so I decided to ditch the product as a foundation and only use it as a makeup setter. 

Overall, I would not mind using bareMinerals except it does not hide my face psoriasis too well since it is a mineral powder. I hate when it starts to crack and show the white scabby marks. I've used the product on those with a smoother face and it does work wonders. I suggest dropping by your nearest Sephora and getting a sample of the matte to see how it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment