Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today's Lunch - Biryani Cart


Today’s lunch was quite a satisfaction to my Indian craving from the Biryani Cart. Located on sixth and 46th street, I ordered the $7 combo of chicken over rice, a side salad, potato samosa, and a chicken karti (roll). This over the top, extremely filling, not so spicy (in terms of Indian) platter was well worth the $7.

I loved every part of the platter, the salad was fresh with a white sauce that reminded me of Halal. The deep fried potato samosa was a little too soggy for my tastes. I was happy that the samosa was extremely over stuffed because it is rare to find that now a days. There were about five chunks of chicken over my rice, but I loved the texture of the rice and the sauce that was mixed in (just like my salad). Lastly, the chicken roll was extremely delicious. Stuffed with chunks of curry chicken and vegetables wrapped with a panned thin flat bread, it was my ultimate favorite. I am definitely excited to go back for the delicious platter again!


No comments:

Post a Comment