Friday, September 2, 2011

The Things We Take For Granted - Sleep

So it wasn’t until yesterday when I was catching up with a group of good friends that I realized the importance of something most of us don’t get enough of. My friends who are practically insomniacs (both guys and girls) were the ones who had dark circles. I was trying to figure out why I was the only one who did not have such dark circles since I’m older than most of them and my life is pretty darn stressful as well. The answer: sleep.

For those of you who have psoriasis, do you ever feel like you’re extra itchy after a sleepless night? When I’m low on sleep, I feel like a cranky monster which makes me enflamed and extra itchy. Doctors have told you countless numbers of time, you need your rest and trust me on this—they are right.

We all laugh when people say “I need my beauty sleep,” well sleep does maintain beauty. The reason why I have less, almost no dark circles is because I force myself to sleep a full eight hours a day. Yup, I’m known as the party pooper who heads in early while every stays out and chit chat, just to get my beauty sleep. How does it feel? Definitely worth it now that I’m aging!

Aside from dark circles, beauty sleep helps to clear up acne and retain moisture in your face. When you are sleeping, your skin cells are working to heal, as well as the rest of your body, therefore it is important to get a full night of rest. Just make sure you don’t oversleep because you’ll get headaches like I’ve done before. Don’t sleep all day either because it’ll only make your body more tired than you really are!

Please, this blog is not only for women. There have been so many guys that just fall short of looking good because of dark circles. It's not a good look, so men, watch your sleep as well. When we say we want the ideal man, we women mean it-we want the ideal man. Mister Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment